Rolls Royce of raw hams, the Bellota patanegra signed BY DEHESA has been sublimated by raising the standards of aging and refining to an unmatched level.
Pigs of Iberico breed (100% or 75%), which gives the hams tenderness and intense marbling. A breeding in the richest dehesa in Spain for a gourmet diet and a sublimated fat from our patanegra!
Our farms in full dehesa are doubled at 24-36 months min so that our pigs benefit from two seasons of Bellota. Maturing in mountain air for 42 to 82 months ensures a structured, delicate taste without any hint of salt.
UNIQUE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
- Breed: Our pigs are of the pure Iberico breed, a genetic specificity which gives the hams tenderness and intense marbling. They come from this wild line that has lived in full freedom for centuries in Extremadura.
- Food: Food variety composed of alpine flora (hardy herbs) and Mediterranean flora (rosemary, fig, olive) and oak acorns (bellota)
- Breeding: Double breeding from 24 to 36 months in order to obtain two seasons of Bellota
- Maturing: double maturing with a minimum of 42 months in Salamanca, a region renowned for its tradition
- Traceability: DOP Guijuelo = label of traceability and guarantee of compliance with minimum breeding and maturing criteria (breed, extensive breeding, acorn-based feed, minimum maturing time required).