EXCLUSIVE PRODUCT Iberico breed pigs (50%), which gives the hams tenderness and intense marbling.A breeding in the richest dehesa in Spain for a gourmet diet and a sublimated fat from our patanegra!
Our farms in full dehesa are doubled at 24 - 36 months min so that our pigs benefit from two seasons of Bellota. The aging in mountain air for 42 to 82 months ensures a structured, delicate taste without any hints of salt.
UNIQUE DEVELOPMENT PROCESS
- Breed: Our pigs are purebred Iberico, a genetic specificity that gives the hams tenderness and intense marbling. They come from this wild line that has lived in full freedom for centuries in Extremadura.
- Food: Food variety composed of alpine flora (rustic herbs) and Mediterranean flora (rosemary, fig, olive) and acorns of oaks (acorn-fed)
- Breeding: Double breeding from 24 to 36 months in order to obtain two seasons of Bellota
- Maturing: double maturing with a minimum of 42 months in Salamanca, a region renowned for its tradition
- Traceability: DOP Guijuelo = label of traceability and guarantee of compliance with minimum breeding and maturing criteria (breed, extensive breeding, acorn-based feed, minimum maturing time required).